Black Bear Bread
by Marlene Hibbard
1 package frozen bread dough
small tube chocolate frosting
black gumdrop candy
1. Follow the directions on the dough package, including preheating the oven.
2. Grease your hands with butter. Divide dough into two portions.
3. Use the larger portion to form bear's head and body. Divide up the second portion to make legs and ears.
4. Bake according to directions.
5. Remove bread from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Place two raisins for eyes and a gumdrop for a snout.
6. Carefully use the frosting to draw claws on all four legs and a mouth.
This article originally appeared in the March 2012 issue of Focus on the Family Clubhouse magazine. Copyright © 2012 by Marlene Hibbard. Used by permission. Photo © Ron and Karen Nickel.