Caramel Bread Pudding
by Helen Wolt
1 tablespoon butter
1 loaf French bread
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
1 cup caramel syrup
1. Spread butter over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
2. Tear the bread into bite-size pieces and place in pan. Add raisins.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. Stir in cream, sugar, vanilla and milk.
4. Pour liquid over bread and press down lightly to soak bread.
5. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top and bake for 45 to 55 minutes at 325° F until pudding is golden and firm to the touch.
6. Allow dessert to cool and drizzle each serving with a tablespoon of caramel syrup.
This article first appeared in the March 2006 issue of Focus on the Family Clubhouse magazine. Copyright © 2006 by Helen Wolt. Used by permission. Photo © Ron and Karen Nickel.