by Laurie Chance Smith
1 cup melted butter
6 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 or 2 drops peppermint extract
plastic zip bag
1. In a large bowl, mix together butter, cocoa and sugar.
2. Add eggs, flour and peppermint extract. Stir 50 times.
3. Pour batter into a greased 9-by-13-inch pan.
4. Place candy canes into a plastic zip bag and crush. Sprinkle candy cane pieces on top of batter.
5. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes. Cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
This article first appeared in the December 2007 issue of Focus on the Family Clubhouse magazine. Copyright © 2007 by Laurie Chance Smith. Used by permission.