So-Not Ice Cream
by Anne Renaud
small Styrofoam ball
3/4 cup white craft glue
4 tablespoons white craft paint
ice cream cone
1. With an adult’s help, cut the Styrofoam ball in two.
2. Place one half of the Styrofoam ball flat side down on a piece of parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, stir together craft glue and craft paint. Using a small paintbrush, paint the entire ball.
4. Place the ice cream cone beside the ball. Pour the remaining mixture into a puddle around the ball, making sure none spills off the paper. Add sprinkles.
5. Let dry at least 48 hours, then peel away the parchment paper.
6. Place your “melted” cone on a table and wait to see someone’s reaction. When you’re done fooling your friends and family, store the cone on a paper plate.
This article first appeared in the April 2012 issue of Focus on the Family Clubhouse magazine. Copyright © 2012 by Anne Renaud. Used by permission. Photo © Ron and Karen Nickel.